Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A clinical thought

The other day I was working on a case. It was one of those people that really do not understand the direction I am going with my questions. I needed to call her back three times, because she kept giving me lots of details, which had very little to do with the remedy that she was eventually to be getting. Very often people expect me to be interested in the details of their life a naturopathic doctor or a nutritionist would be interested in, like their dietary habits. Most of the time that information is not very useful for me. To build a good homeopathic case, I need people to quiet their mind and contemplate on decisions they have made in their lives and really see to the core of it: they have the answer somewhere deep inside them to questions, like: What made me decide that way? What was I achieving by making a decision, choosing one way over another? Was there something I was afraid of in the other path? What was the attracting force in the path I chose? Even if first you get some superficial answers to these inner questions, you can ask again: And what made it more appealing over the other choice that I decided to abandon? Once we ask these questions really sincerely, we find the answers within ourselves.
My hope that reading the cases in the book people will grasp the kind of depth, the direction I am looking for in their answers.

3 comments:

Line Marie Beate Sofie said...

Ildiko is nice :)
I promised you i would say that to the world, didn't I? so this was the only possible place i could find to do that.

Thank you for having me over!


Line :D

storymaker said...

I like this post. Sincerely inquiring into somebody's choices can create a compassionate remedy.

Ildiko said...

Compassionate remedy... well, indeed all good prescriptions are compassionate! They show that we actually care enough about the client that we are ready to look deep and seek to find the remedy that not only does a fine job but does the best possible job. I think that is a commitment that we need to find the strength in ourselves as practitioners to give our clients. Thanks for liking the post!