Monday, August 1, 2011

Modern psychoanalytic thinkers, like Mitchell in "Hope and Dread in Psychoanalysis" published in 1993, talk about the interpersonal aspects of psychoanalytic psychotherapy. While there are many differing concepts in modern psychoanalysis, they all seem to agree on the crucial role the therapist's subjectivity plays in the treatment of their patients. Mitchell talks about the way the analyst conceptualizes, organizes the patient's experience. He considers modern analytic thinking to be different from the traditional, Freudian view in that today we focus on the patient's inner experience as opposed to the Freudian view, where the analyst created a conceptual frame which through his interpretations he conveyed to the patient, who in turn internalized it, used it for their own self-healing. Today psychoanalytic therapists seek to bring forth the patient's own experience, through which - according to Mitchell - the person's meaningful self-experience will develop and manifest.
I found this quite interesting, as the way I work is a process where the emphasis is on the inner experience of the person. Mitchell continues with his thought process and not only maintains that the person's inner experience is the cornerstone of modern psychotherapy but he also explains that the therapist's own conceptualization has a powerful impact on the emerging conceptualization which will be co-created by patient and therapist. This is a process, which I found fascinating. I started wondering what affect my understanding of the homeopathic remedy picture has on the process of the healing of my clients. How does it affect the whole of the process that my thinking is in the framework of homeopathy and that my conceptualization of the client is on the level of their vital sensation? If I am experiencing my client on the level of the vital sensation and my comments and guiding inquiry stays on that level, it greatly affects the type of healing and self-conceptualization of my client. This is definitely a direction to pay attention to and explore.

1 comment:

The Natural Health Clinic said...

Homeopathy is the best medicine ever which have no side effect